Power Boat Training
We hope to run the Powerboat training courses at the start of the 2021 season
We cannot confirm dates yet due to Covid restrictions.
Each is a two day course.
The days are full with both on water, on shore and theory sessions. All instructors have been trained to RYA exacting standards and have your safety uppermost in their mind, they are all highly qualified and will be assisted by other members of the club.
You must be :
- Confident in water and around water.
- Physically fit enough to take part in the activity.
- and must understand that course insurance aims to protect me from claims by others whilst on the water and that it is my responsibility to arrange for any personal liability insurance for any recourse in respect of cancellation, curtailment or injury.
The course costs £250 (including £50 non-refundable booking fee).
- You can book and pay directly online https://www.fileysc.org.uk/booking/type/training. Booking not open at this time.
- You can pay by Bank Transfer; the account details are:
Yorkshire Bank, Account No: 35142992, Sort code: 05-04-34
(Please reference your name and notify us of the transfer).
- You can pay by cheque payable to "Filey Sailing Club".
To Book Online
Should you need to cancel your attendance please email as soon as possible so that your place can be offered to others. If it is possible to fill your place from waiting-lists, you will be offered a place on another course (subject to availability) and your payment moved to that course. Occasionally Filey Sailing Club itself may need to cancel a course, should this occur effort will be made to schedule new dates, should these not be acceptable a full refund will be given.
Bad Weather / Lost Days
Instructors will tend to work around any pockets of bad weather and there should be sufficient time within the 2 days to deliver the course successfully. In the unlikely event that a course loses multiple days for bad weather then Filey Sailing Club will make efforts to provide further sailing opportunity to complete the course.
Water sports can be hazardous by their nature and participants; parents or guardians must accept that there are some inherent risks regarding potential 'bumps' and 'scrapes' which happen during the thrills and spills of fast moving activities. Filey Sailing Club has a terrific safety record and continues to be inspected and approved by the RYA (Royal Yachting Association) as a recognised Training Centre. We teach to RYA recommendations and guidelines and we use qualified experienced volunteers.
During the course you will be classed as a club member and will enjoy member to member insurance that aims to protect you, as a member, from any claims from other members for items such as boat damage. However, you may wish to take out your own personal liability insurance for any recourse in respect of cancellation, curtailment or accident.
TIMINGS: Students are asked to be at the club house for 0915 am.The course should end at around 1700 hours.
PARKING: There is ample parking within 200 metres of the club at Filey Brigg/ North Cliff Country Park (YO14 9ET).
Students are advised to bring the following KIT:
- Normal Day clothes suitable for working in a greasy engine shed,
- Towel and shampoo for showering,
- Wet weather kit, either Wet suit or dry suit with suitable footwear and 2 x hats (woolly for cold and baseball for hot!), If you do not have a wet or dry suit sports clothes with full waterproofs will be OK but will get wet get into and out of the boat. Bring plenty of warm clothes.
- Sun cream, money, students are advised not to wear jewellery,
- Life jacket or buoyancy aid (the club has buoyancy aids if needed)
Meals: Students should bring a packed lunch. The club has a small kitchen where chocolates and crisps may be purchased.Hot drinks will be provided free of charge.
LITURATURE: The course provides RYA books. Students are advised to bring a note book and pen.
PHOTOGRAPHS: Can you please bring 2 x current passport size photographs.
WEATHER REPORT / TIDE TIMINGS: Students are requested to bring to the course, each day, a short resume of the weather forecast for the day and the times of high and low water in Filey Bay.
Please contact us with any questions contact form
email : email@example.com
Last updated 13:48 on 10 November 2020