Covid-19 and the Sailing Club
Published 18:38 on 22 Mar 2020
First of all we hope you are well and keeping safe. You should have received an email.
Taking into consideration the Covid-19 warnings and restrictions from the government and the RYA we are taking preventative measures for Filey Sailing Club.
We have considered the implications of activities on all members including those who maintain and repair equipment and grounds, what would happen in an emergency situation, and national guidelines.
We ask for your patience and understanding as we work through this difficult time and work to make things as best as possible for all members.
The following restrictions stand until 30th April 2020 when there will be a further review and update.
- 1.There will be no Training courses at FSC.
- 2.There will be no organised racing or activities at FSC. (No working party on Saturday 28th March and Fitting Out Super.)
- 3.No FSC equipment including tractor, powered boats, or other items may be used.
- 4.There will be no access to the Club house.
- 5.There are no restrictions about accessing your boats in the dinghy park.
- 6.If you want access to your Kayak or personal things in the Kayak store contact Carl Whitehead.
- 7.If you plan to sail your boat - IMPORTANTLY Remember that if you have a problem on the water you will be expecting the RNLI or coastguard to help you; and therefor putting them, their children, and their families at risk.
For all events after 30th April we will update you as things progress. Please be patient about the future, about events, and about financial concerns or fees Everything will be addressed in due course and no-one will be losing-out but it takes time do things properly and take into consideration the changing information.
Hopefully we will be sailing together again before too long.
Wishing you well.
Last updated 18:38 on 22 March 2020